“It’s 'The Thing' but set in a 90s mall.”
What is The Mall?
The Mall is a wet, gooey, practical effects filled TTRPG adventure set in a 199x mall pulled out of time and space. The mall’s denizens are trapped inside with a creature not bound by any one form. It slithers among them now, preparing to assimilate and imitate its victims until no one is left and it can open a rift between its home dimension…AND EARTH!
The Mall is an official adventure module for Liminal Horror (3 stat roll under, fail forward TTRPG hack of Cairn) by Goblin Archives, for and 3 - 6 players.
- a complete adventure module for Liminal Horror
- 34 pages with 14 named NPCs, 5 factions, and 30 keyed rooms
- a new character creation procedure that entangles players with the NPCS and locations, adding to the mall at the start of the game
- a DOOM clock measures how close the party (and the mall) are to DOOM
- Monster Table for creating unique iterations of the Children of Ammon
- the Whisper card mechanic that uses narrative triggers to give players secret prompt cards
This module carries content warnings for death, human sacrifice, hallucinations, drugs, people trapped/imprisoned, instances of self-inflicted harm, temporal disorientation and body horror (bones and foreign objects breaking through skin, unwilling bodily transformation, bodily disfigurement).
Goblin Archives- Writing, Design and Layout
Zach Hazard - Cover Art
Vi Huntsman - Editing
Garbage Goat - Internal Art
Trevor Henderson - Internal Art
36 pages, 5.5"x8.5", saddle stitched zine, black & white cover and interiors.